Free Legal Resources
Local Legal Resources:
- South Burlington Ordinances – The local laws of the City of South Burlington.
Vermont Legal Resources:
- Vermont Courts – Provides information about Vermont’s Courts, including calendars, contact information, FAQs, opinions, court forms, and other valuable judicial information.
- United States District Court, District of Vermont – Provides information about Vermont’s federal Court.
- Waiver penalties (Vermont Judicial Bureau) (PDF document) – Table of civil penalties for violating various state laws, including traffic tickets.
- Pay traffic fines – If you received a speeding ticket or other civil ticket, follow this link to pay the fine on line.
- VT Law Help – A great self-help site for folks representing themselves.
- Vermont Secretary of State – Information about starting a business, databases of businesses and other Vermont companies.
- Vermont Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division – If you have a complaint about a business, telemarketer or other unfair commercial practice in Vermont, follow this link to file an on-line complaint.
Consumer Protection Links:
- Receive a Free Copy of your Credit Reports – The only place to get free copies of your credit reports from the three major credit reporting companies. Note that other sites which claim to provide you with a free credit report are not free at all. They have hidden fees involved. This site is completely free.
- Do not call registry – To stop pesky telemarketing calls, follow this link to enter your telephone number in the national Do Not Call Registry. You can also report violations at this site.
- Federal Trade Commission – Follow this link to submit a complaint about a company, business practices, or identity theft.