Non-profits are a vital part of our community. Forming a charitable non-profit organization can be very rewarding while at the same time daunting, time consuming and confusing. Running a non-profit can be equally as overwhelming and time consuming and legal questions can often arise along the way.
Services Provided by Flender Law Office:
- Assistance with Formation
- Application for tax exempt status
- Advice regarding governance, including drafting bylaws
- Ongoing organizational management
- Mergers and dissolutions
Internet Resources for Non-Profit Organizations:
- Vermont Secretary of State Non-Profit Resource Center – Information about forming a non-profit organization in Vermont.
- IRS Charity and Non-Profit Resource Center – Everything you ever wanted to know about obtaining federal tax-exempt status as a non-profit organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.